Sikkim is a state in East India in the Himalayan foot hills also bordering Tibet, Nepal and Bhutan.The name has been coined from the words ‘Su’,’Him’i.e. beautiful home. This state is where Gurudongmar Lake is located.
Gurudongmar Lake, is one of the highest lakes in the world, located at an altitude of 17,800 ft (5,430 m). It is a lake which is considered sacred by both Buddhists and Sikhs. The lake is named after Guru Padmasambhava, also known as Guru Rinpoche, founder of Tibetan Buddhism who visited the lake in the 8th century.
Lachen, Yungtham, Katao, Gurudogmar Lake (one of the highest lakes in the world, located at an altitude of 17,800 ft in the Indian state of Sikkim.)
1. Pick up from bagdogra airport/ New Jalpaiguri railway station.
2. Travel to Gangtok by car.
3. One night stay in Gangtok in a 2 star hotel
4. Next morning travel to Lachen by car.
5. 1 night stay at Lachen
6. Next day Travel to Yumthang by car and sight seeing (no stay)
7. Travel to Lachung by car on the same day
8. 1 night stay in Lachung
9. Next day travel to Gurudongmar lake by car
10. Back to Lachung for night halt
11. Travel to Katao (The switzerland of sikkim) by car
12. Back to Gangtok fo night halt
13. Drop to bagdogra airport/ New jalpaiguri station